Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Australia Day Fun Run


Australia Day is not far away.
This fun run has become a feature of Australia Day activities on the Mornington Peninsula since 2007 (I think!)
The course follows a flat section of the foreshore round Port Phillip Bay, so there are great water views along the way!
The longer course aims for the serious runners, while the shorter one attracts walkers - children and even Mums with babies in strollers.

Celebration run
Supports local charities
A winning event

Linking to:
Signs, Signs

8 comments:

Halcyon said...

Will you be participating?

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like the sound of a 'fun run'...not as intimidating as some races.

Gerald (SK14) said...

5.3km seems an odd distance but I guess there's a reason for it.

Nonnie said...

looking at the sign, I have to remind myself that where you are it's summer! we've had days of frigid weather; today it was 42 degrees F. yea

genie said...

Buddy keeps trying to get me to walk the "fun Runs" while he runs the races, but I think NOT! I would love to walk this area, though. It would be beautiful. genie

Anonymous said...

I see Aussie Day is coming up, any other activities to go with the fun run?

Andy said...

Sounds like fun to me.

Lesley said...

I am not a serious runner, so would likely enjoy the scenic stroll.
I like the exactness of the 5.3km instead of just saying 5k (but serious runners are probably picky about such details)

Blog Archive